The Centre de Développement des Energies Renouvelables (CDER) is organizing the International Renewable Energy Days (IREnDays’2024), with a particular focus on wind energy through the 2nd International Conference on Wind Energy and Its Applications (2nd ICWEA’24). This event will take place on May 28-30, 2024, and will be held in Algiers, Algeria.
IREnDays’2024 will bring together experts from academia, industry, and government to share their knowledge and ideas in the field of renewable energy. This event aims to provide an international forum for researchers, engineers, and professionals to showcase the latest developments and scientific advances in their research.
IREnDays’2024 will include high-level plenary talks, keynote lectures, oral and poster presentations, technical panels with interactive sessions and social events. This will provide attendees with networking opportunities, allowing them to share their experiences and innovations on all aspects of renewable energy.
This event fully aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), comes at a critical time in the global effort to address climate change and accelerate the transition to renewable energy sources. IREnDays’2024 is expected to contribute to the global effort to achieve a more sustainable and equitable future.
Researchers, students, industry professionals, and policymakers are invited to participate in this international event and contribute to promote the development of clean, sustainable energy sources.
The IRENDays’24 topics of interest include all aspects of renewable energies, but are not limited to:
- Renewable Energy Conversion and Efficiency
- Renewables Energy Resources (Solar thermal, solar PV, geothermal, Biomass, Bioenergy and Hydrogen)
- RE conversion systems efficiency
- RE research and applications for industry
- RE research and applications for sustainable agriculture
- Energy efficiency in buildings
- Sustainable transport and electric vehicles
- RE Integration and distribution into Power grids/Smart grid
- Hydrogen energy production technologies
- Renewable Energy Innovative Technologies and Materials
- New advances and innovative technologies and manufacturing processes for RE
- New materials and high-performance components for RES (Renewable energy Systems)
- New computation methods and modelling for RES (mathematical modeling, simulations, machine learning, optimization, and control)
- Future challenges and Directions for RES
- Renewable Energy Storage
- Batteries and electrochemical energy storage
- Compressed air and mechanical energy storage systems
- Thermal energy storage systems
- New trends in energy conservation and energy savings technologies
- Management of demand and intermittency in Renewable Energy Systems
- Sustainable Hydrogen and fuell cells
- Hydrogen systems, processes, technologies and applications
- Hydrogen and energy storage
- Alternative combustion, pure hydrogen or hydrogen/fuel mixture
- Fuel cells : techniques, technologies and applications
- Alternative fuels and Energy
- Biofuels and energy from waste (Biogas, Biodiesel, bioalcool and related topics)
- Sustainability, biodiversity and ecosystem services of bioenergy systems
- biofuel production and market trends
- Renewable Energy desalination and Water Treatment
- Solar desalination technologies
- Solar photocatalysis
- Sustainable management of water
- Feasibility assessments of renewable energy sources for water treatment
- Renewable Energy Policy and Economics
- Market analysis and trends on Renewable Energy
- Techno-Economics of Renewable Energy Systems
- Economic and environmental impact of renewable energy development
- Air pollutants and public health
- Incentives policies for increasing the economic benefits of RE
- Carbon Capture, Storage, Utilizations
- Impacts of climate change mitigation legislation
On the other hand, the 2nd ICWEA’24 topics of interest for submission include:
- Wind resource assessment (onshore and offshore)
- Wind turbine aerodynamics
- Wind technology developments
- Wind power control and grid integration
- Hybrid power systems and microgrids
- Renewable Energy Innovation: strategy and standards
A panel discussion on “Renewable Energy Innovation: Strategy and Standards” could provide a platform for stakeholders, professionals in the renewable energy field, researchers, and representatives from various sectors to engage in insightful discussions. This platform allows to exchange ideas, explore innovative strategies, promote technology transfer, and establish quality and safety standards to provide a common framework that enables interoperability and compatibility between different renewable energy technologies. Industry professionals, such as equipment manufacturers, project developers, energy service providers, researchers, and academics, could share their perspectives on the latest technological advancements, challenges faced, and opportunities to seize. By joining forces, the local industry and business sectors can promote the adoption of renewable energies, drive innovation, create local economic opportunities, and contribute to a greener and more prosperous energy future.
- Artificial intelligence for Renewable Energy systems
A panel discussion on “Artificial Intelligence for Renewable Energy Systems” could address the latest advances in artificial intelligence (AI) applied to renewable energy systems. Panelists could discuss the advantages of using AI to improve the efficiency and reliability of renewable energy systems, as well as the challenges associated with adopting this technology. They could also explore opportunities for collaboration between AI experts and renewable energy experts to develop new innovative solutions. The panel could examine how AI can be applied to renewable energy systems, such as optimizing energy generation and consumption, predicting maintenance needs, and improving energy storage. Additionally, they could discuss how to address concerns around the ethical and societal implications of using AI in the energy sector. By bringing together experts from different fields, the panel could facilitate a cross-disciplinary dialogue on how to leverage AI for a sustainable energy future.
Exhibitors will have the opportunity to present their products and services to a diverse audience of industry stakeholders, researchers, and policymakers. Additionally, the exhibition provide a platform for networking and building new business relationships. Interested parties are invited to contact the conference secretariat for more information on how to register as an exhibitor.